Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Covet Review



Synopsis: (from jrward.com)

Redemption isn’t a word Jim Heron knows much about—his specialty, both personally and professionally, is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charged with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. His weapon: the power of love. His enemy: the darkest of evil. And failure is not an option.

Vincent Di Pietro has surrendered himself to his business—until fate intervenes in the form of a tough-talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior, and a woman who will make him question his destiny. With an ancient evil ready to claim him, Vin has to work with a fallen angel not only to win his beloved over…but to redeem his very soul.

 My Review -

I have mixed feelings about the book..on one hand I love the premise of a 7 arc series based on angels and demons fighting. On the other hand the way the story comes about as a bet which is cheesy and the cheesy doesn't end there but I went ahead with the book and gave it a chance and read it through. I don't even know where to start on this review!  This book could of been alot better if she had tried to add in more relastic elements....seriously heaven is a castle?? and what was up with this crazy loon killing people following Marie Therese? It wasn't even her ex husband!!wth? I could go on and on but I doubt you need me to nitpick everything. :)

Q#1 - Did you relate to Jim at all? Did you feel like he was a good choice or worthy of this mission?

I did with him more than any other character but still not much

Q#2 - How do you feel about the tone of the book? Did you think that there was too much slang/not enough/just enough? How did you feel about the word choice in the book- did it add to your reading of the story or take away from it?

let me just say ugggg and lets move on....

Q#3 - When the "fantasy" of the book is based on a belief system that is regarded as truth by some religions (the angels & demons) does it help you relate better with the story, as opposed to a story about vampires and werewolves?

No,I have no problem relating to good stories no matter the theme...this one though.....I had alot higher expectations for this book and it came no where close.

Q#4 - In the opening of this book we read about a football game analogy of Demons verses Angels, even though this is fiction what do think of Demons in this case Jim the Fallen Angel being portrayed as a "Good Guy"?

Jim is suppose to be both good and bad that is why he is picked by both sides but she really doesn't show a bad side to him...she just retells about him in the service killing people...I don't think someone who is a killer would be classified as a good guy.

Q#5 - How do you feel knowing this will be a 7 book series featuring Jim and he might win all of the battles?

I don't know...I think I will wait for reviews on book 2 though before even thinking of buying it.

*I purchased this book and was in no way paid for my review*

0 comments: